Pediatric Dentistry in Draper, Utah
Are you tired of searching for a pediatric dentist in Draper, Utah? Look no further. Dr. Hoffman and our team of experts are thrilled to offer you and your family exceptional treatment around the clock. We offer non-invasive, gentle techniques to ensure your child’s teeth continue to grow and develop in perfect health. After all, every child deserves a happy, bright smile.
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on infant and teen dental health. Pediatric dentists educate children about the dental process and help them build, maintain, and strengthen healthy oral habits for years. They have additional training to ensure that their younger guests are given top-quality care with long-lasting results. Because children’s teeth are still developing, they often offer non-invasive treatment.
Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry?
There are many benefits of pediatric dentistry:
- Calmer, Happier Kids. Children are prone to stress while visiting a dentist. After all, it’s foreign and new to them. Pediatric dentists are trained to handle, care for, and treat children with care. It’s one thing to be able to administer a dental treatment to a child and another thing entirely to help the child feel comfortable, safe, and at ease.
- A Focus on Children. Pediatric dentistry gives your child the best treatment possible. At Oak Hollow Family Dentistry, you invest in your child’s dental health by giving them professional help specializing in dentistry that revolves around their needs.
- Healthier Teeth. Who better to clean a child’s teeth than a dentist who sees children? Not only does a healthy smile look better, but you’ll also be setting up your child for a future of well-being. We ensure that each child leaves with a brighter, healthier smile each time.
- Proper Equipment. It’s essential to use the right equipment- especially with dentistry! We hold a variety of sizes and a plethora of unique tools to treat everyone in our facility best.
- Less Invasive Treatment. Because children’s teeth are still developing, it’s essential to administer less-invasive treatment. This way, we don’t stunt or damage growth. For example, treating cavities without drilling can be done with “Silver Diamine Fluoride” (SDF)
- Prevention Based Approached. The best way to handle a cavity is to avoid one in the first place. Pediatric dentists teach children the importance of dentistry and provide the tools and encouragement to do so.
Common Questions about Pediatric Dentistry
With many benefits and treatments available with pediatric dentistry, there’s much to learn. Here are a few common questions to get you started:
- When should my child start using fluoride toothpaste? After age 3.
- Are dental X-rays safe for children? Yes.
- How should I clean my baby’s teeth? At least once a day, with water and a soft brush.
- At what age should I bring my child to their first dental visit? 6-12 months.
- When do the first teeth start to erupt? About six months.
- What causes tooth decay? Bacteria, sugars, and carbohydrates.
Why is Pediatric Dentistry Important?
Pediatric dentistry is important because your children are important! Our dentistry offers specialized, exceptional care for those you care most about. Giving your child the best dental experience allows them to maintain good oral habits in good faith. When they regularly come into contact with happy, professional dentists, they are more likely to have healthy teeth far into the future.
Pediatric Dentistry in Draper, UT
Establishing a firm, healthy foundation of oral health for your children is crucial. Building healthy habits young can be the difference between a life of consistent well-being and constant dental issues. At Oak Hollow Family Dentistry, we put you and your children first. Dr. Hoffman and our excellent team give exceptional care that’ll keep you and your family’s smile bright for years.
Schedule an appointment, and discover the magic of pediatric dentistry today.